Paint odor

Old 04-01-04, 10:00 AM
365Patrick
Visiting Guest
Paint odor

i have just painted one bathroom with 'interior latex semi-glosss enamel' approx 1 week ago & still notice a paint smell . I am now about to paint my second bathroom and would like to know if there is a way to eliminate or reduce the paint smell.
Would a couple of drops of 'perfume' in the paint, work, help or is that a no-no?
Thx. in advance

Old 04-01-04, 04:18 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sprinke of few drops of vanilla extract into the paint

Old 04-01-04, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Vanilla does work, and in Sherwin Williams, they sell little tubs of stuff you open up and it dissipates the odor quickly (or so it says!).

Old 04-02-04, 07:46 AM
mollie
Visiting Guest
paint oudor

stupid as it seems the best way to get rid of paint smells it to cut an onion up and put on a plate,stupid but it works xx

Old 04-02-04, 11:56 AM
365Patrick
Visiting Guest
Psaint odor

Thx for the input Molly...tried the chopped onion suggestion! It did get rid of most of the paint smell, however it did leave a noticeable union smell ( tested in first bathroom) !! ..can't win! Which is worse?...the cure or the remedy? hahaha.
So next on the list is vanilla extract(bathroom #2)....I am kinda partial to that kinda smell anyway & what can go wrong, huh?

365Patrick

Old 04-02-04, 12:10 PM
365Patrick
Visiting Guest
paint odor

Hey Molly.
Checked bathroom after about an hour plus (also after removing onion plate) & found onion & paint odor gone!!
Thx again...It does work!! I just need a little more patience!!

365 Patrick

PS...still wanting to try vanilla extract in #2 bathroom just to see what the result is going to be!

Old 04-02-04, 02:16 PM
mollie
Visiting Guest
paint odour

hi patrick,yes funny enough it does work strange as it seems,not sure about the vanilla,try putting scented oil back of your radiators and light bulb when cold then when switched on the heat will bring out the smell,good luck xx

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: