iron fire escape paint advice

Old 05-02-04, 07:14 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
iron fire escape paint advice

I need to repaint my iron fire escape. Because the fire escape was so hard to dissemble, I would like the paint to last as long as possible. The old paint has flaked off in many places and the metal has a good deal of surface rust. Because of the way it is made, I canít reach many of the surfaces with a wire brush. My plan was to use a power washer to blast off the loose and bubbling paint, and then use Rust-Oleum rusty metal primer followed by Rust-Oleum flat black enamel paint. I was also going to experiment with spray on and brush on paint application. I was wondering if the above procedure and paint brand are recommended, or is there a better way or a better type of paint? As always, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-03-04, 06:27 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
rusted metal is always a tough call. The rustoleum website says your products are made to do what you want. I personally have never used them. The powerwasher is a good idea. I always think brushing lays on a much better coat than spraying. I don't envy your upcoming project at all. Good luck.

Hope that helps some.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: