general paint acrylic breeze any good?

Old 06-10-04, 07:44 PM
dub
Visiting Guest
general paint acrylic breeze any good?

I am going to be painting my house very soon..(Already started the prep work) I'm curious if anyone has any opinions on general paints Breeze Exterior Flat Latex (www.generalpaint.com) My wifes uncle manages a store which means we get a pretty good discount. He seems to think their paint quality is top notch but I imagine he is biased.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-04, 05:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sorry, never used/heard of it.

Old 06-12-04, 10:49 AM
J
You didn't mention exterior or interior. I've also never heard of breeze but a good discount is always good. The sheen is more important to me. For exterior a satin will wash itself after rainfall better than flat and has more acrylic (stretches and is more rubber) than flat. For interior semigloss will take scrubbing and cleaning better than flat. These are generalities for any brand. The prep work will give you a long lasting job as much as the paint quality. The longest lasting exterior paint would be elastomeric but then you can't paint latex over it ever again because it's expantion rate is double latex's causing the latex to crack ( like oil over latex) so everything has drawbacks. lol ....jeff

Old 06-12-04, 07:54 PM
N
yea but the flat is going to cover better and hide imperfections... and they do make flat paints that are highly washable(benmoore has a new one out called a matte finish). it's a give or take thing.