Peeling paint in old house

Old 06-14-04, 05:40 PM
Georgia215
Visiting Guest
Peeling paint in old house

We are looking at renting a house that is 105 years old and in major need of restoration. The paint on all the baseboards, window trims and doorways, as well as the closet doors is all peeling off in big chunks. We are going to repaint but we are concerned about the dangers of lead since this is such an old house. We have a 4 year old and a 14 year old. Does anyone know if we can move in and paint with the family living there or if this should be done prior to moving in? I don't want to do this if there is a chance that my kids might get sick from lead poisoning. Anyone dealt with this before?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-04, 06:15 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
check the paint for lead with a test kit. Be sure to inform the landlord if it contains lead.

Old 06-14-04, 06:29 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
just my 2 cents.if you are gonna just rent this place cause it seems like a cool pad,i would not spend the effort to get it looking satisfactory unless the landlord is actually paying you.if it were your own home, then yes go for it.have the paint tested for lead first if you want to proceed.you can get a test kit.