Messed Up Slippery Deck Need Help!

Old 06-26-04, 05:37 PM
marie
Visiting Guest
Messed Up Slippery Deck Need Help!

Repainted an already painted porch/stairs/deck and after power washing wood lumber could not be stained so was painted. Come to find out after almost finished and needing more paint home depot employee had given us a latex flat paint for walls(not what was asked for)....On the second trip. We got a Porch and Floor paint by behr in Gloss and painted over.
Come to discover today it is like a ice rink when wet and much, much too slippery I have already fell this winter on ice and broke 2 ribs. I have great danes that scramble outside and onto porch down the stairs to yard and now I would be in fear of them getting broken legs.
How can I fix this problem now any suggestions?

it has now taken one week to paint a small deck/porch and stairs and the outcome has been time consuming and results >dangerous!
help what should I do to make this area non slippy when wet....regards marie

Last edited by marie; 06-26-04 at 06:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-04, 06:18 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sand the deck lightly and repaint with the same paint but add anti skid to it. It is walnut shells ground up or sand that when added makes the surface non slip, although in ice nothing will be completely non slip. The product is sold at paint stores and H.D. may have it. The particles can be stirred into the paint or sprinkled on top (this is not as pretty but grips better). lol......jeff