More bathroom painting questions........

Old 07-21-04, 11:13 AM
amm419
Visiting Guest
More bathroom painting questions........

I have a couple of (probably silly) questions related to painting a bathroom:

First, would it be better to wait until paint is completely cured before using this bathroom for showering (there is, of course, another shower available ) ?? Just wasn't sure if the humidity would adversely affect it somehow while it cures. It was painted 5 days ago with a Satin finish paint. How long is cure time?

Second, when painting around a commode tank, what is the best way to get that part of the wall painted? The tank is probably less than inch from the wall, so even the narrow rollers won't get back there. I hate to leave that area back there unpainted (though it probably wouldn't be visible) but I have no clue otherwise how to get back there??

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-04, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you can't get back their with a "hotdog" roller cover or a hockey stick brush. you could try an edging tool used for cutting in walls next to ceilings . They are the little devices with the wheels on the top use to run a cut line along the top of a wall. take a paint stir stick or two and tape them to the edger. Take the lid off the tank and see if you can run it down behind the tank, holding the sticks. try it on the sides as well. This may do the trick but if it doesnt I wouldnt worry about it since no one is going to see anyways. If your bathroom has been warm dry for five days I would go ahead and use your shower. Normally the curing time for paint is thirty days, it should say on the can. But the concern about curing is more related to scrubbing the painted surface and putting heavy objects to rest on an uncured paint surface. This can cause "printing" (indentations or marks left by the object). So don't do any hard scrubbing or lay heavy objects on a painted window sill etc for awhile.

Old 07-21-04, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
And always use the ceiling fan when showering if the bathroom comes equipped with one. Give's it someplace for the steam/humidity to go.