Help - First time painting

Old 09-17-04, 10:02 PM
shai8982
Visiting Guest
Help - First time painting

Yesterday (about 4 hours ago), I painted one of the walls in my living room (royal red satin paint). I tried to get as much info as possible before painting however, I don't know what I did wrong because I could see all of the paint roller's strokes (overlapping) along the wall. At first i thought I was just seeing shadows but then I realized the paint was a lot darker in some areas than others. I don't know what this term is called but after asking a friend about it, he said to wait 24 hours and just apply another coat and I should be fine. Is this true or is there something else I need to do and how do I paint it the second time around? I'm scared to mess it up even more since it's the first wall that people see when walking through my front door. I would really appreciate any kind of help so please respond to this thread anyone. Thanks

Old 09-18-04, 09:30 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Your friend is right . I would add a few things though. If there are little ridges left behind from the roller covers' edges I would try to sand them down at least a little before applying athe next coat. If there is any possibility that the paint will peel while sanding either wait till it is fully cured or don't do it at all. Hopefully you will get away with 3 coats.

Old 09-18-04, 02:55 PM
shai8982
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I think I will try and do 3 coats like you said. I'm not sure if I need to sand it however. The ridges that you mentioned...is that just thickly coated paint or something else? So far it doesn't look too thick or ridged, just much darker in some areas so I'm just gonna go for it. Thanks a bunch

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: