Can I paint linoleum floors?

Old 09-21-04, 01:32 PM
maddy8802
Visiting Guest
Question Can I paint linoleum floors?

I have white "tile pattern" linoleum floors in both bathrooms. The bathrooms are both small. I hate the white floor. Is there a way I can paint a checkerboard design on the floor, using colors to coordinate with each bathroom? If so, what type of paint do I need, and do I need some sort of a sealer/top coat? Help me please

Old 09-21-04, 02:49 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i've moved your question to the Painting forum. they'll be able to give you professional advice here - which i'm sure will include the phrase "temporary solution at best" somewhere......

good luck!

Old 09-21-04, 11:10 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bathrooms are small areas and putting new sheet lino or peel off squares is easy and far better than painting would be. It is relatively easy to do lino or even tile for that matter and the materials are quite inexpensive due to the small area covered. You can post to the flooring forum for further details.

Old 09-22-04, 06:28 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
A 'porch and floor enamel' might work, but I agree with Annette in "its a temporary solution at best."

Old 09-22-04, 10:50 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Painting linoleum

Use a stripper to remove all soil and wax. Sand with medium grit sandpaper to scarify for paint adhesion and thoroughly vacuum. Paint floor with oil-based primer. Two coats of oil-based paint is best for top coat. After the first coat, lightly sand and thoroughly vacuum. Apply a couple coats of non-yellowing polyurethane for floors. Always read and follow product directions carefully.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: