coloring ceramic tile

Old 10-03-04, 06:08 PM
PatriciaTye
Visiting Guest
coloring ceramic tile

[FONT=Tahoma]We want to change the color of our bathroom tiles (the trim pieces) and the color of our porcelein tub. Any ideas/products made for the DIYer. Any comments on having it done proffesionally? Thanks.

Old 10-03-04, 06:31 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
This may be something you would want a pro to do.There are porcelain paints that are available on the market but as far as the prep that would be involved in that i would not know.I'm sure there are acids and cleaners that you would need in order to get all the scum off and grease and what not.there are people who refinish tubs and paint tile out there who do a good job at it and it looks o.k. as far as the tubs go but the painted tile looks well, like painted tile(not very good)I'll move this to the paint people and see what they come with as well.Good luck!

Old 10-03-04, 09:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've painted tile before, using 2-part epoxy, Palgard Epoxy . Its self primimg and dries very durable.

The tub refinishing is another story. As floorman said, there are certain prep steps involving cleaning and etching, and an airless sprayer is required for the finish. I'd leave that to the pro's myself.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: