Paint Stains in Carpet ?

Old 10-06-04, 07:28 PM
aham23
Visiting Guest
Paint Stains in Carpet ?

Well I decided to paint my dinning room with BM paint and it turned out great. EXCEPT for the poor floor covering I did prior to starting. I got three paint stains on my carpet. Paint didnt drip directly on carpet, but soaked through an inferior cover. The paint is a dark biege and the carpet is a light neutral gray. What can I use or do to remove it? Thanks. Later.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-04, 03:37 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The best approach is to remove your tarps immediately following painting to be able to clean a spill while its still wet. I like Zep's commercial grade orange cleaner (citrus), you can get concentrate @ H.Depot ($7/gal.). Scrub with a plastic bristle heavy duty scrub brush. Using solvents like laquer thinner will easily loosen dried latex, problem is it will melt synthetic rug or carpet fibers and in the least bleach them (change color). You can try ammonia also. Little toothbrush sized wire or brass wire brushes can also help sometimes (with cleaners soaking the area). Good luck.

Old 10-07-04, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lay a warm, wet, soapy rag directly on the spot, and put something on it to weigh it down. Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes, and scrub it.