Just purchased a refurbished Apex-Spraytec 1620

Old 10-08-04, 06:37 AM
TruTerrapin
Visiting Guest
Just purchased a refurbished Apex-Spraytec 1620

I went into Lowes looking for some painting supplies & noticed they had this sprayer for sale. I asked the rep. what he knows about the sprayer (Apex has 5 different models) and he said "that as far as he knows, there really hasn't been any problems with the Apex's."

Well, I proceeded to look through the box and match all the equipment on the box with what was actually in it. The salesman was nice enough to open a new box and let me compare contents. The tip and the spray guard were missing from the box and he gave them to me.

I hope this is a decent sprayer. I paid $200 for it (retails new for $398) and Lowes will back their refurbished products with a warranty and if there is a problem, they will take it back. The first job is priming my basement. I got the Valspar primer while I was there.

Here is the link to the specifications on it and I welcome your comments about it.

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...201295-97-1620

Thanks for advice and comments
-Tru

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-04, 08:47 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You scored. The apex is made by Wagner, they are DIY piston pumps and for the money the best in my opinion and that of others who have compared them to the Magnum series by Graco (www.painterschatroom.com). They are rebuildable (all piston pumps wear out their packings (seals)), are more user friendly than the diaphram pumps that were the standard DIY pumps. They haven't been out long enough to tell but I don't expect them to last as long as contractor grade pumps. You will be able to either paint a lot quicker or create huge messes with an airless so learning their use is important. You can see comparisons at www.wagnerspraytech.com and or, www.gleempaint.com and my site shows uses www.geocities.com/jksabrosa I also have links.

Old 10-11-04, 05:09 AM
TruTerrapin
Visiting Guest
Red face Oh no, I've been had!!!

Well, like it has been said by some wise man "If it can go wrong, it will go wrong."

The deal I thought I got was a shame!!! The sprayer didn't work so I had to take it back
Lowes didn't want to take it back at first ( I prayed in the car that the Lord would work this out)
saying it was sold "AS IS", but I politely told them I bought a sprayer "AS IS" with the intent of
the thing WORKING!! I also told her that the guy in the paint dept. told me that Lowes would not sell a product
of it's shelf if it didn't work. The manager saw my point and took it back and gave me $210
store credit which I turned around and used on a NEW sprayer ($398). So fella's, I have a new sprayer
that works great!! ( I did break the handle to the sprayer trying to get the filter out, but I will talk to the manufacture about that)

I looked at the basement this AM and I must say it looked pretty decent. I'm going to go over it
again with a light coat. Spraying is a work out on your thighs, i didn't sleep that well for my left thigh
was killing me!!