I suppose there's no cleaning up this mess....

Old 10-09-04, 02:20 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I suppose there's no cleaning up this mess....

I came home to the smell of spray paint - my kid had taken a can of spray enamel and painted a cabinet he was making a bright blue. He didn't do a bad job, but unfortunately he did it in my workshop. Luckily most of my tools were out of it when it occured, but the problem now is there is a film of blue paint on the floor. The problem is it is not even, he put newspaper under the cabinet - so under there it is clean. There are several other areas of the floor that were covered w/ something so I have this un-even mess. I took some paint thinner and spashed some on the floor - didn't do much but move blue around.

Any suggestions on how to remove? It isn't completely but will be soon. The floor had been painted w/ epoxy paint (w/ flakes), I imagine I can re-do it.

Thanks,
Bob w/ the funky basement floor.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-04, 02:24 PM
T
Paint on concrete

There are chemical strippers for removing paint from concrete.

Old 10-09-04, 05:17 PM
Try laquer thinner on a rag, but be careful, use with ventilation, and make sure it won't take up the epoxy.

Old 10-10-04, 07:49 PM
B
Thanks for the suggestions. I couldn't get at it for 16 hours, in the meantime I picked up some grafitti remover (aerosol) - that worked but was very noxious. I tried other things, paint thinner, spot remover - but I settled on mineral spirits. It worked about as well as anything & the fumes were not bad (I was very ventilated). Most of the paint came up - there's still a bit of a tinge on the floor, but I can live with it.

Thanks again!