Ironclad Super Satin Industrial

Old 10-22-04, 07:48 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ironclad Super Satin Industrial

ProWallGuy or others,

I bought the above BM product a while back. I remember when I bought it I asked for a alkyd semi-gloss but the salesman said they don't usually carry a semi-gloss alkyd product and that the Ironclad is the most popular product. I'm not really concerned with the gloss level because I tested it and the gloss is about equivalent to a latex semi gloss.

However, before I start using it I wanted make sure it's the best product in terms of quality since the description of use seems a little odd. This is for a interior trim application. The TDS seems to imply it's used more for rust inhibition (this is actually from the Ironclad Low Lustre Metal and Wood Enamel TDS - I think they changed the name since I bought it). The TDS doesn't say anything about superior leveling or edge clinging properties.

Seems like the Satin Impervo is the premier interior trim product.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-04, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
(this is actually from the Ironclad Low Lustre Metal and Wood Enamel TDS - I think they changed the name since I bought it).
Yep, same stuff, different name.
I'm not sure why anyone would suggest this product for interior trim, assuming the trim is wood. If you are painting metal jambs or something similar, then yeah, maybe. Ironclad should work fine, but with Alkyd SI and Waterborne SI, why recommend IC, no clue. Maybe BM was offering a sales incentive for the stores at that time.