Wall Painting Quote Help?

Old 11-01-04, 10:24 AM
Diamonicus
Visiting Guest
Question Wall Painting Quote Help?

Hello, i need some help pricing a paint job. I have to paint and exterior concrete wall that is about 40 feet long by about 7 feet high. I know i have to first coat it with a prime coat and then 2 exterior caots. what i dont know is how to quote the price to charge the customer, which is a customer in westchester NY. for their basketball court walls. can anyone help advise me?....

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-04, 02:13 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Painting Quote

This thread has been moved from Bricks, Masonry, & Concrete to Painting Forum for discussion.

Old 11-02-04, 08:50 AM
How long will it take you to do it, and what do you need per hour or day to stay in business/make a profit?

Old 11-02-04, 10:31 AM
Diamonicus
Visiting Guest
Still not clear

That doesn't exactly help me since I am not a wall painter by trade, I actually am a graphic designer doing things like airbrushing, computer graphics and signage. so my other projects dont evenly match in time usage vs. supplies and grunt work, hence the confusion. this project is for a client which i already made 3 aluminum/vinyl signs for now he is giving me more work...so i wanto price it right so everyones happy...thanks for your time...

Old 11-02-04, 06:24 PM
It doesn't matter if you're a wall painter by trade or not, how long it will completely take you will determine your price. If it will take a week to do, you can't charge $300, but if you can do it in a day, $300 isn't bad.

40 feet isn't too long, so figure a prime coat one day (1/2 day), then 2 finish coats the next. A gallon of masonry primer will run about $30, check out the coverage (sq. ft.) on the can. You have approx. 280 sq.ft., a gallon should cover it, unless its very porous. 2 gallons finish paint should cost about $60. Sundry materials, add $20.

Labor, 1.5 days @ $300 = $450
Materials $110
Total $560

Does that sound like it will fly?

Old 11-02-04, 07:46 PM
Diamonicus
Visiting Guest
We Might have somthing here

wow, I appreciate the insight, now that was very detailed and helpfull. i will definately take your info into consideration.
oh and by the way i just went to the site to day and took full measurements, and i was somewhat off on the size of the wall. there is a corner at on end of the wall which goes in 6.5 feet and then turns and extends again. So that brings the total lenght of the wall to 80.5 feet long and 10 feet with the last section of wall beeing tappered reaching 12 feet.
so if it is still a matter of how long it takes then perhaps the figures need to be adjusted slightly.
thanks for your time....