Exterior painting when it's cold outside

Old 12-12-04, 06:49 PM
Mach3Man
Visiting Guest
Exterior painting when it's cold outside

I've got some exterior painting that needs to be done (on HardiPanel) but it's getting colder down here in central Mississippi. It will be above 50 degrees during the day but is going to dip down into the 30s or 20s a few nights this week. Is it critical for the temp to stay above 50 for 24 hours after painting? Or, is there a paint I can use at temps below 50? If so what brand is the paint?

Old 12-13-04, 04:02 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, even the night temps need to be above 50.
There are paints that will work down into the 40's but not sure they would be available in Mississippi. Isn't this cold snap unuaual for your area? I'd wait until it warms up a bit.

Old 12-18-04, 04:14 AM
rkpatt
Visiting Guest
I am in similar situation with a rental property which looks terrible from the street . As the " curb appeal " appearance is critical to renting it , I am at least paint the front of it using a paint which will allow usage at 35 degrees F . I am using Sherwin Williams Super Paint ( about $26/gallon local "contractor Price " . I am not sure what to used on the rest the house after it warms up a bit . Those CU ratings are very confusing .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: