stenciling & sponge painting?

Old 02-21-00, 08:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

My husband and I just bought an old farm house and have been remodeling for about two months now. They have just finished my quite large (12x25) kitchen. I was wondering if I can sponge paint & stencil in this area. I would like to sponge the big walls and stencil underneath the cupboards. If any one has any thoughts on this, I would greatly appreciate it. I am so undecided on this issure. thanks

Old 02-22-00, 07:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Go for it! We just bought our home almost 2 years ago and the first thing I wanted to do was give the kitchen a lift. I had never sponge painted before - but it looked simple enough - and it was. I had a plain basecoat of white to work with and I took a pan of satin white and a high gloss fair taupe color and just began sponging. To my surprise, mixing the gloss with the satin actually created a dimensional look. Everyone comes in my kitchen and thinks it is wallpaper. The best part is if I want to change it, I can just paint over it. No wallpaper removal! You will be very pleased with the ease because there is no perfection to sponging - it is not supposed to look perfect. I think adding stensils would be beautiful. Relax, it sounds like you know what you want-listen to your heart! Your house should be a reflection of YOU.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: