Real men know nothing about paint and colors...

Old 02-19-00, 02:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

When painting over dark wood interior doors, should the doors be lighter shade of wall color, same shade as walls? What color should the door frame and trim be? What color should the baseboards be? Just want to follow the norm. Walls are quarry green. Help me please!

Old 02-21-00, 10:55 PM
Visiting Guest
Well, you've hit on every possible combination. If you want to be among the Western World, the same color on the doors and baseboards as the walls, only use semi or possibly gloss paint. The formal look demands a shade darker or a shade lighter. The "I hired a San Francisco Interior Decorator look" is subtle combinations of hues and contrasting colors. Possibly you should paint the doors white, so you'll be able to find them. All green is a fairly strong statement, and suited to a "Real Man".

Old 02-22-00, 06:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

whoa. LOL 2000!

Old 02-23-00, 07:12 PM
Visiting Guest
The look for today and the year 2000 as well as I guess since about mid 90's is painted door and woodwork in whites or a touch offwhite. Semi gloss YES is best.
DO NOT go the same as the walls rather the trend is to have ALL the trim and doors in the whole house the same. Either natural wood OR painted wood.
Rainie

Old 03-11-00, 08:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice.
I dont think i am man enough to stick to green for the doors. I'll go with the white semi gloss.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: