painting

Old 04-11-00, 07:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I recently painted my new steel entry door with 2 sidelites. Exterior latex semi-gloss paint and a brush was recomended by the store clerk. The finished product is unsightly. Brush marks everywhere. Is there any way I can cover up the marks? I do not want to strip the door unless that is the only solution. Please HELP!

------------------

Old 04-11-00, 09:00 PM
Visiting Guest
One of the few sucessful ways to sand fresh latex is by wet sanding with very fine wet or dry sand paper. This is a messy operation but it's less work than stripping. Afterward apply very thin coats of latex with a high quality latex brush.

Purchase 1000 grit wet or dry (silicone carbide) sand paper at a hardware store or large home supply. The surface and the paper must be wet during the sanding process, and you must glide your hand over the surface with very little pressure at all. Once that all of the imperfections have been removed apply very thin coats (not in direct sunlight) and allow each to dry before applying the next. Stop when you feel the surface has the desired appearance.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: