glue with shelving paper

Old 04-23-00, 12:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I bought some horrible shelving paper the other day and it absolutely refuses to stick (there was paper there before that held fine so I can't figure out the problem)... What should I use to paste it down that won't create a bubbly or uneven looking surface? Stupid question perhaps, but it's really got me
I was somewhat thinking of just throwing a layer of paint over the shelf and sticking the paper to that and seeing if it would dry on. ..???

Old 04-24-00, 04:38 AM
Visiting Guest
Use rubber cement. The paper will stick but the cement is easily removed in the future.

Old 04-24-00, 08:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Wipe the surface with a mild degloss product known as liquid sandpaper. This should remove the old contact glue without damaging the surface. This allow the paper to lay completely flat without a high build glue beneath which may give it a wave look.
quote:<HR>Originally posted by thais:
I bought some horrible shelving paper the other day and it absolutely refuses to stick (there was paper there before that held fine so I can't figure out the problem)... What should I use to paste it down that won't create a bubbly or uneven looking surface? Stupid question perhaps, but it's really got me
I was somewhat thinking of just throwing a layer of paint over the shelf and sticking the paper to that and seeing if it would dry on. ..???
<HR>

------------------
Gary Goel/Owner Newkote Kitchen & Bath Refinishing
We are just a shade better...
gary@newkote.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: