painting-- touch ups

Old 08-09-00, 11:46 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

. Here is my dilemna:Our home is less than two years old. I have noticed some scuff marks on onion skin colour interior walls that have not responded to scrubbing so I endeavoured to get a match up of paint colour so I could do touch ups. Guess what? The colour does not exactly match --new colour is noticably darker onion skin. I even went back to original store from which my painting was 'supposed to' have purchased the same colour as I had chosen. Upon speaking with contractor, he admits the painter chose a close 'match' to my choice in colour. Help! What can I do now? The contractor has suggested that I try to cut a wee bit of drywall out of closet and try to match the colour at a paint store. Then get new colour and try again. What do you suggest? Thanks in advance.Cindy

Old 08-09-00, 08:18 PM
Visiting Guest
matth,I do hate what has happened to you on the paint colors.The chances of getting a match close enough to touch up with are very slim.Touching up with the same paint often shows.Your time will probably be best used getting your hands on a good match and begin painting walls corner to corner as you can.Some paint stores have a portable paint matcher that takes a picture of the wall and gives the formula.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: