Painting Drywall

Old 09-09-00, 06:31 PM
Visiting Guest
I live in a 15 year town house condo. I am repainting the walls but have two problems. I can see the drywall screws punching out just below the surface of the paint and I have one area beside a window where the drywall seam is buckled a bit.

How do I fix these?

Old 09-09-00, 08:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Try this, place your thumbs right above and below the said nails and push firmly, if the sheetrock moves you will need to screw a 1 1/4" drywall screw about 2" above the nail, sinking it slightly below the surface, if the nails are protruding after that, carefully tap them back in, spackle the holes and paint.

If it does not move, it is probably as simple as taking a hammer and carefully tapping the nails in and spackling.

If it is the spackling that has poped out and the nails are still below the surface and the rock does not move when pushed, then simply spackle them, when the spackling is dry, you can take a damp rag and wet sand the spots before painting.

Old 09-09-00, 08:33 PM
Visiting Guest
Oh, I forgot about the buckle.

Is it a thin line buckle like it is just the tape that has buckled, or is it actually the sheetrock buckling?

If it is the tape then you would want to take a razor knife and carefull cut down both sides of the buckle fairly close and remove. Then re-tape and bed it, texture to match. You can find instructions on basic taping and bedding with illistrations on this site.

http://doityourself.com/wall/jointcompound.htm

[This message has been edited by Chipfo (edited September 09, 2000).]

Old 09-11-00, 06:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Tks for your prompt reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: