Non-writable Paint

Old 09-13-00, 03:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Our PTA is looking for a paint to use on a Gazabo at our school. We have heard that there is paint available that you can't write on once dry. Can anyone tell me what kind of paint this is and where I can purchase it? We are already having a problem with graffiti being put on it.

Old 09-13-00, 08:24 PM
Visiting Guest
I have head of and used anti graffiti coatings, but not paint. But in less than a minute I was able to find an anti graffiti paint, however, it does not meet your specific criteria. I have no comments one way or the other. This is the URL http://www.coo-var.co.uk/index2.html Anti graffiti coatings are becoming commonplace. Either search the web or ask at a major paint retailer.

Old 09-14-00, 01:33 PM
Visiting Guest
I looked at the site, although I have not used this paint it looks as if it is what she is looking for, why do you say it doesn't meet her specs? Just out of curiosity.

It doesn't say unwritable, but it states that marks such as markers, paint, etc. are easily removed.

Old 09-14-00, 07:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Chipfo
I am not finicky but unwriteable and easily removed are not one in the same thing. It's analogous to Navy Blue and Blue.

Usually my detective work is above average, however, when someone makes a request I have no way of knowing, other than the conveyance, what they have read, heard, or have been told. Since I lacked prior knowledge of this product I cannot factually say that a paint meeting the specific criteria does not exist. Nor can I say that this is the only anti graffiti paint in existence. My detective modulator may have been maladjusted when I responded, but two methods of approach plus the source data were presented. (May all of your errors be so minor).

It's irrelevant to the origianl question but an anti graffiti coating over the present paint would be more expedient and it would serve the same purpose.

Old 09-15-00, 07:08 AM
Visiting Guest
No offence intended. I was just curious as to why. I do not feel your post was an error, as a matter of fact I feel you did a great favor to the request, I even bookmarked the site for future reference. (I can only wish my errors were so small) I have no experience with this product either but am willing to try if the oppertunity arises. I like to pick at the minds of others in this field, I like gaining knowledge of others experiences, I am a seasoned painter (commercial, industrial and residental), but everyone has his/her technic and I find it interesting and educational. Again, no offence intended.

Old 09-15-00, 09:24 AM
Visiting Guest
Thank you the help with our problem. I was actually looking for a paint that cannot be written on. I am not sure if it even exists though. I did check out the web address and printed out the information that it gave. If I can't find what I am looking for, at least we can use the other paint that makes graffiti easy to remove.

Thank you for responding to my question.

Old 09-15-00, 10:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Chipfo,
Your question did not offend me. I thank you for being considerate, but the apology was unnecessary. I tried to explain the reasoning and motive of the moment. In retrospect the quip should have been omitted, because apparently it made it seem like I was offended, when I was not. (It was intended as "dry humor" but obviously it was a faint attempt). (Yes, I have a strange and variable sense of humor).

I enjoy gaining insights from others also (sometimes making money in the process). You may pick my brains anytime, but don't expect to find gold. Frankly, I think your knowledge and experience supercedes mine when it comes to painting. I hope I haven't alienated you, because I may need to pick your brains sometime.

After reading the latest post from PamBowers an embedded thought surfaced. Maybe six or eight months ago I seem to remember running across a ceramic particle paint, (I think), that made claims similar to her request. I have done some minor checking, and intend to keep my eyes peeled for similar products. (If it exists a source could be valuable). During my 20 minute excursion I ran across a URL that you may find useful http://www.paintdealer.com/products/index.html

Old 09-17-00, 04:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks 2000, it is hard to tell how people are fealing in post boards, no alienation on this side.

Pam, I haven't heard of a paint that magic markers or spray paint (etc.) wouldn't mark on, if you find what you are looking for please post it here, I would like to know also.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: