Painting Beadboard

Old 10-04-00, 06:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have beadboard running HORIZONTALLY in my dining room. I have installed a chair rail & painted it, all my trim & the wainscoting the color parchment. I would like to rag roll the top part of the wall in possibly a lite mauve color but am not sure the ragging will look okay on the hortizontal beadboarding. Any comments? I would prefer not to paint the whole thing a solid color as the room is small & tends to be dark but it needs color. Thank for your input.

Old 10-05-00, 04:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Covenant Crafter, Just a thought ...Why not leave the trim and c/rail and all below it Parchment and rag above....Mike

Old 10-05-00, 06:39 AM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by mikejmerritt:
Covenant Crafter, Just a thought ...Why not leave the trim and c/rail and all below it Parchment and rag above....Mike<HR>

Rag rolling the top is what I want to do. This is the original woodwork & not the modern panel boarding. Each board is about 3" wide & there are small spaces between the boards. The parchment looks great on the bottom, etc., but not sure how the ragging will look on those horizontal lines w/ those small spaces.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: