Ceiling sky w/clouds

Old 09-27-00, 09:08 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

What color would you recommend I use to paint the surrounding walls if I paint the ceiling as a sky w/clouds. My assessories in the room will be mainly red (for instance, red loveseat, etc.). I most definitely do not want white walls and the effect I want is an outdoors feeling.

Old 09-27-00, 01:39 PM
Visiting Guest
hi
a deep forest green would be restful. try and get a heritage colour as the colours are richer feeling and the shades of green avaible are wonderful.

Old 09-29-00, 01:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi,let me tell you what I am doing in my bedroom which I want to look and feel like a garden.The ceiling will be painted like the sky and the top 1/3 of the walls. Then I am putting up 36 inch high white picket fencing all around the room. At various spots on the fencing-in back,front and peeking thru slats I am stapling silk flowers and vines,.etc.,etc.What you could do is buy wallpaper that is like this,the one with predomintly red flowers and hang it(Nantucket Inspirations). Or as the previous post said paint it green,green and red are a wonderful color combination.Or do a green vine with red and sky blue flowers. Look at magazines for inspirations,Home & Garden,etc.,. Good Luck.

Old 10-05-00, 07:22 AM
Visiting Guest
So, have to begun painting your ceiling as the sky and how did it turn out? Does your sky have clouds? I made a mistake and mixed a darker color paint with the California paint i'd purchase and now I think my sky is too dark. What do you suggest I do to lighten it up?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: