Time of day for painting in October (New England)

Old 10-12-00, 08:32 PM
Visiting Guest
I want to make maximum use of the next 3 days of 70 degree weather before it turns cold again on Monday. Several people I talked to here in Connecticut said absolutely do not paint exteriors before 10 AM and not after 2 PM. (They have also said the fast-dry mixture will not work with my kind of paint.) Is there anyone out there from the Northeast who has had experience with this? Thanks so much.

Old 10-13-00, 07:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Benjamin Moore makes a low temp. paint, I believe it's good down to 34 degrees. Devoe and Sherwin Williams may make a similiar product as well. Ask around in your local quality paint stores. Don't let your friends make you nervous.

Old 10-14-00, 08:26 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by JDX:
Benjamin Moore makes a low temp. paint, I believe it's good down to 34 degrees. Devoe and Sherwin Williams may make a similiar product as well. Ask around in your local quality paint stores. Don't let your friends make you nervous. <HR>

Thanks for your response, but it's the quality paint stores, not my friends, who are telling me don't bother with the low temp paint! One store is discontinuing; another told me it wouldn't work for the job I wanted to do...so I'm back to my original question; I really would like to get it in writing for the young man who is painting my house for me! Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: