Can darks colors be used w/any type of paint?

Old 10-17-00, 02:02 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Someone at Sherwin Williams told me that very dark colors of paint can only be mixed for flat paint, not semi gloss? I've been told otherwise. Any thoughts?

Old 10-17-00, 02:54 PM
Visiting Guest
If you go to 3 different Sherwin Williams locations you'll get 3 different answers. S.W. told me on the phone they could mix 20 different colors of red in satin finish, but when I went in I found they couldn't mix even one red! Home Depot came to the rescue. I have seen and have used dark colors in gloss. Don't give up!

Old 10-18-00, 04:22 AM
Visiting Guest
SDPuette, Tuesday I was told at S.W. that a fairly deep red could not be made in an interior flat. Go figure. They said I was out of luck. When I told them to make it out of A-100 flat they really got puzzled. For 20 years I have been avoiding the S.W. Decorator line of paint due to its price and the fact that it will not touch up. They will tell you that all deep interior colors must be made from it. Move to the A-100 line and all colors they have can be made in satin, semi and gloss. If I need an egg I add a quart or part of a quart of flat to satin....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: