re-painting metal cabinets

Old 02-09-05, 11:21 AM
buttons
Visiting Guest
re-painting metal cabinets

9 years ago,not knowing anything about paint,painted old beige metal cabinets with latex semi gloss paint,no priming or even cleaning,they held up nice till today,but i am ready for a lighter update color from the medium brown,what do i supose to do-to do it right,without killing myself at my old age.

Old 02-09-05, 11:01 PM
The Milkman
Visiting Guest
your solution depends on what type of finish you are looking for(glossy really nice finish, perfection, or just a color change), and how much money you are willing to spend. A basic repaint though would be to remove all the latex paint if you can. Sand the surface, and prime with oil based Kilz(spray or roll) A few hours at 65 degrees or above for drying time, and then recoat with another latex color. Peeling should be eliminated later on with the use of a primer. If rust is a problem I can recomend a product I use in quite often. If you need any other advice involving paint please fell free to email me at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by prowallguy; 02-10-05 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Sorry, no email/web links allowed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: