exterior paint brands?

Old 10-27-00, 04:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Ok paint boys - you have convinced me to stop buying my paint at the big orange box and make an investment at a "pro" paint store. I have been reading posts on this forum for a month now and I have seen Sherwin Williams and Devoe mentioned and recommended many times a high quality exterior paint. What about Porter Paints? Do they stack up with the Sherwin and Devoe?

I am going to begin painting the exterior of my windows, front porch railings, eves and possibly my siding. Don't want to be dissapointed with a poor paint!!!

Thanks

Old 10-27-00, 07:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Forget Porter Paints and move on to bigger and better things: Benjamin Moore, Devoe, or Sherwin Williams. You will not be disappointed. Let the battle of the "paint-boys" begin.............

Old 10-27-00, 07:30 PM
Visiting Guest
For exterior house paints, my preference is Sherwin Williams A-100 for a flat finish and there Superpaint for the glosses. I do not know about Porter paints, therefor can't comment on them.

Not that there is anything wrong with the other quality paints, that is just my preference.
------------------------------------------------------

I didn't see JDX's post till after I was finished, no battles here, just my humble opinion.

[This message has been edited by Chipfo (edited October 27, 2000).]

Old 10-27-00, 07:48 PM
Visiting Guest
Chipfo, we agree. Thou art wise.

Old 10-27-00, 09:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Ah....Also no paint warrior here! I do some condo work in Florida a couple of times a year and one of them has a stash of Porter Paints we are attempting to use. I hope this is not an injustice to them in that I don't purchase any but I am not impressed. It seems more and more, few materials stand up to Devoe, S.W. and B.M. I suppose I say this due to that is all I will use of the paints available to me in my area. I understand that dealing with a B.M. dealer can be $ strain but I have Devoe dealer who will be no more than 15% over a big box store to all walkins. If you value your time this is a small price to pay for a paint that will COVER and holdup.....Mike

Old 10-28-00, 03:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Very well said, Mike.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: