chocolate colored walls

Old 11-16-00, 03:39 PM
Visiting Guest
I live in a ranch and we have a hallway that has all the bedrooms off it. it is like a hallway of doors. We recently selected a soft chocolatey brown color and were going to rag off with a lighter glaze coat. I hated the look but have fallen in love with the warmth and richness of this chocolate color. Now I am caught up with the things I have read, that it will cause the hall to look smaller and darker and that browns cause depression. We have a lot of woodwork in our house as my husband is a custom carpenter. Is this color a bad idea? I keep asking my husband, who do we know with brown walls. Any ideas? or suggestions? Thanks.

Old 11-17-00, 04:53 AM
Visiting Guest
I do not know much about the psychological effects of colors, I do know resturaunts use red to increase appetites.

I say, if you have fallen in love with the color, use it, you will be the one living with it and you can always change it if you decide to. For a more appropriate answer, you may consult an interior home decorator.

A quick search did turn up this site on the effects of colors:
http://www.colormatters.com/entercolormatters.html

Hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------

Had to change a couple mis-spellings

[This message has been edited by Chipfo (edited November 17, 2000).]

Old 11-17-00, 09:08 AM
Visiting Guest
If you like the color, go with it! Decorating is all about having the courage to be unique! I just painted a spiral stairwell red and love it!If you're not prone to depression, a color won't depress you. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: