PANELLING

Old 11-20-00, 07:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

OUR LIVING ROOM HAS TWO WALLS PAINTED OFF-WHITE FLAT. ONE OF THESE WALLS CONNECTS WITH A DARK BROWN PANEL WALL THAT GOES THE LENGTH OF THE LIVING ROOM AND INTO TO KITCHEN. I WANT TO PAINT THIS PANELLING THE SAME COLOR AS THE OTHER LIVING ROOM WALLS. MY QUESTION IS, SHOULD WE USE THE SAME FLAT FINISH ON THE PANELLING OR DO WE NEED TO USE A LOW GLOSS BECAUSE THE PANELS ARE LOW GLOSS.

Old 11-20-00, 04:10 PM
Visiting Guest
You can use flat latex, you will need to prep and prime the paneling however. Clean any dirt and grease from paneling. Lightly sand the paneling with a 220 grit sandpaper (not too much, just to ruff the surface a little), wipe off dust, putty any holes, prime with an oil primer (like kilz), sand lighlty again just for smoothness, don't sand through primer, wipe off dust and caulk the seams and trim with a latex or acrylic PAINTABLE caulk wipeing smooth with a wet finger and useing a wet rag to clean off excess. Paint 2 coats with your choice of quality paint, I would suggest going to a pro paint store for your paint and materials.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: