Sandwash paint? I have some Behr Sandwash

Old 07-04-05, 07:13 AM
scrapfanatic
Visiting Guest
Sandwash paint? I have some Behr Sandwash

paint--it has the gritty texture to it--that I want to try in a small office area. Has anyone used this paint? If I don't like it, how hard is it to remove/redo? Would I have to re-texture the wall it's on to get it back to the way it was, or is there another way to remove it? Thank you

Old 07-04-05, 03:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 740 Upvotes on 646 Posts
Although I have never used the Behr paint you have questions about I assume it is similiar to any other texture paint. There is no good way to remove it after it has dried [while wet, water and elbow grease will remove] Sanding and scraping will usually lessen the effects of the texture but normally you will need to skim coat the wall [and retexture if needed] You may want to try some on a closet wall or piece of cardboard to see if it is what you want.

Old 07-04-05, 05:49 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I have not used Behr textured paint
I have used other Behr paints and stains
My suggestion would be to put the Behr down and walk away
Walk swiftly to your local paint shop and get some good paint
Personally I'd recommend Ben Moore, but there are others just as good (well, almost as good )

Most textured paints don't lend themselves to sampling in that manner
As marksr said about removing the texture, it's a bit of a bear

Old 07-05-05, 08:13 AM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just say NO! It's virtually impossible to get a flawless look with the Behr sandstone. Although they advise to use two coats and make hash marks, etc, I have never seen a perfect job. The professional painters who did a room in the Behr sandstone left roller marks, so I tried a third and fourth coat using the recommended criss-cross pattern. Still looks like crap. Also, like most Behr products I don't think the colors are as rich or have the depth of BM or Martin-Senour paints.

Old 07-05-05, 11:20 AM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My wife's brother tried that several years ago. It didn't last a week before they were scraping it off.

Old 07-05-05, 07:04 PM
scrapfanatic
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the replies. I knew I'd be stuck w/a lot of work to un-do if I didn't like it, was hoping there was a magic trick up someones' sleeve--ha,ha!
I tried it on a scrap piece of wood & decided to not use it after all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: