Help! Waht to do about new paint bubbling in kitchen

Old 07-07-05, 03:18 PM
Pottsy
Visiting Guest
Question Help! Waht to do about new paint bubbling in kitchen

I have a huge paint dilemma! I primed my kitchen with Debbie Travis latex primer. On two of the walls the paint bubbled a bit when it was wet but seemed to dry okay. I let it dry for 24 hours, decided it must be my roller so bought a new one and painted the first coat of latex paint last night. It bubbled! So this morning I sanded and fulled all the bubbles, let them dry and saneded the polyfil, painted over the spots with a brush and I am ready to cry. It bubbled again where I painted with the brush. What could this be? I have all the new paint I bought, even for the other rooms all packed up and ready to take back to the store. It is all Debbie Travis paint. Could this be the problem? And what now, will the walls always be bubbled even if I use other paint? Please help!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-05, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Never had the pleasure of using Debbie Travis paint.
It sounds to me like there is some sort of contaminant on the wall to cause the bubbling. Either its dust/dirt, or grease, or wax, etc. Something is rejecting the paint. Quick fix: prime these areas with an oil or alkyd primer. Not a stain killer, but a real primer. You may need to go to a paint store instead of a big box or discount store to find some. This is a good example.

Old 07-07-05, 07:28 PM
Pottsy
Visiting Guest
Pottsy

Thanks, I did go to a paint store this time. Lesson learned! Crossing my fingers that it works.