How do I paint a ceiling fan?

Old 07-21-05, 01:02 PM
zandtsmommy
Visiting Guest
Question How do I paint a ceiling fan?

I want to paint the ceiling fan in my son's bedroom. It's the standard type with a gold base and wood looking blades w/ a wicker look in the center or each blade. I need some instructions on how to paint it. I was thinking yellow blades but I am unsure about what to do with the shiny gold base. Please help!

Old 07-21-05, 06:55 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
You could pick a color in a spray can. Make sure the metal is clean. Take the blades off and paint them seperate.

Old 07-21-05, 07:15 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Do like marksr said, but make sure to get a spray can with a fan spray pattern like Duplicolor. The cone spray makes it difficult to get a nice even finish on the blades.
Just reread that post. It is not too problematic with the wicker in the middle. Any can will do.

Old 07-22-05, 06:36 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
flip the blades over. the other side is smooth. that wicker stuff is really outdated. also, be careful to not get any paint into the motor area. for the gold parts, i'd paint it either black or super dark brown or a green verdigris color so it still looks like metal, or white. the blades could be any color - maybe even each blade a different color - depending on his room decor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: