Barker Board maintenance

Old 08-10-05, 09:54 AM
csr1176
Visiting Guest
Question Painting Barker Board in bathroom

Hello, I have white barker board enclosing my tub. I have an artesian well with a high iron content. Over time, the once white barker board has turned to a dull yellow/beige. I intend to replace it next year but in the meantime I am looking for a cheap alternative to brighten it up. Two questions then - First, can barker board be painted and if so what type of paint would you recommend. I have asked this question at various home repair stores and received conflicting responses. Secondly, if painting is not an option, what can I use to brighten it up. I have tried various cleaners without luck. Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Last edited by csr1176; 08-11-05 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-12-05, 09:38 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Sorry for the delay in response, but after extensive searching, I can't find out what "barker board" is. Any clue as to what it might be made of, or maybe a better description of it?

Old 08-21-05, 02:12 PM
Deconstructor
Visiting Guest
Old 02-18-08, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This may be in the "better late than never" category; but after reading the technical data sheet from the barker.ca website I would try washing your barker board with a household bleach and if that removes the yellowing then treat the renewed surface with a good automotive car polish. There is also a cleaner on the market called CLR that removes Calcium, Lime and Rust (hence the name). If you can find that stuff you might try it (diluted because it is strong stuff). Cheers

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: