Interior Painting Software

Old 08-12-05, 08:50 AM
radar2000
Visiting Guest
Interior Painting Software

Hi everyone.

Could someone please provide me with some names of software that will allow me to take a digital picture of a room and then use the software to change the colour of the walls? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-05, 09:01 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Glidden makes one that they sell at the depot. Its called color@home, and it is okay. It is not easy to use, and the colors are limited. Moreover, since the color on screen/print is not opaque in the rendering, whatever base color you have bleeds through. Thus, for total color changes its often hard to get a real feel for it. Its not horrible, but I was less than impressed. For final selection I recommend using a large sample (e.g. painted poster board works well) and putting it on different walls to determine how it will appear in different lights at different times of day.

Old 08-12-05, 09:18 AM
Ben Moore has one too. Click here to check it out.

Old 08-12-05, 11:36 AM
radar2000
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the quick replies!

I'll give these a try.

Old 08-12-05, 11:44 AM
a gal i work with has the Punch software. she's been using it for landscaping. she took pictures of the outside of her house & has been able to do different versions of planting schemes. but she says it's for interiors, too. for more info, go to www.punchsoftware.com.

it takes a little more imagination, because it's not your actual room, but i'd just use the free ones on the different paint manufacturers' websites. they all have them, Behr, Sherwin-Williams, Benjamin Moore, etc.