Exterior Painting-Paint can holder for ladder

Old 09-02-05, 10:01 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exterior Painting-Paint can holder for ladder

Im painting the exterior of my house and was wondering if there is any sort of shelf or extension for a ladder sold that holds a can of paint while painting? Currently I have a metal wire device that has a hook at each end. One end hooks onto the ladder and the other hooks to the paint can handle. It works but its not very sturdy. I am not using scaffolding. Any suggestions? What do the pros use? All thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Almost done

Old 09-02-05, 01:45 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
The hooks
Mine have a big hook side for rungs, and clips for the paint can side that lock around the wire handle
An open paint can on a shelf on a ladder is begging to be dumped
(though I do use the top of a stepladder now and then, I'm just really aware and very careful of it)
I also use smaller containers with an easier hand-hold, this lessens fatigue of holding (and danger of dumping) a whole gallon
They also have disposable liners and a magnet to hold the brush just right (tip in paint) when you are not using it

OT: History shows again and again how nature puts up with the folly of men

Old 09-02-05, 03:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 860 Upvotes on 752 Posts
Step ladders used to always come with an apron [shelf] attached but I see alot of them today without one. Using a pot hook is a good alternative.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: