what's the best paint for the bathroom?

Old 09-04-05, 07:19 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
what's the best paint for the bathroom?

I am going to paint my bathroom & not sure what to use. I was going to paint the ceiling with the ceiling paint, but walls in different color. I think ceiling paint is latex, for the walls isnít oil based paint best in moist environments ? If latex paint is not good in the bathroom I will use the same color and go oil all around. Thanks for your help.

Old 09-04-05, 07:31 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Latex paint is fine in a bathroom. I would choose something with a sheen, like egg-shell, satin, or semi-gloss. I would also use Ben Moore's Kitchen & Bath paint, or Sherwin Williams equivalent, or add mildewcide to your own product choice.

Old 09-04-05, 08:38 AM
S
I'd like to add Zinnser's Kitchen and Bath (latex)
With one tiny full bath, a teenage girl (and her mom)...and the washing machine in there, I used to have to X-14 (mildecide) my bathroom every 6 weeks, sometimes every 4

I put a coat of this stuff up over a year ago and have not had to X-14 once since

Old 09-04-05, 09:32 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 857 Upvotes on 749 Posts
I would also use latex satin enamel on the ceiling. It will help protect the ceiling from any moisture.

Old 09-04-05, 10:08 AM
S
...good point
I did my ceiling too
Not fun to X-14 that!

Old 09-04-05, 04:33 PM
pushylady
Visiting Guest
Zinsser kitchen & bathroom paint is the business, imo. I use it a lot when painting apartments, and boy have I seen a difference when people move out now as compared to the old paint! It really inhibits the mildew/mold and cleans up easily too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: