removing primer and paint from baseboards

Old 09-11-05, 02:07 PM
firsthome
Visiting Guest
Question removing primer and paint from baseboards

What is the best way to remove paint and primer from baseboards? Unfortunately I am not a very good painter and got both the paint and primer around almost the entire baseboards. I'm afraid to use a spray remover because if the spray hits the wall as well it will remove what is on the wall. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-05, 05:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 300 Votes on 266 Posts
If it is latex you should be able to get it off with 'oops' or 'goof off' avaliable most everywhere paint is sold.

Old 09-11-05, 07:53 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If its very fresh latex, before curing, sometimes very hot water will remove it (a green pad helps).

Old 09-12-05, 04:23 AM
S
Both excellent sugeestions
I do both
I'd just like to add that I sometimes also use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the dried stuff

Old 09-12-05, 08:47 AM
J
Would it not be quicker and faster to just repaint it[which you may have to do anyway ]. This is one place that tape is acceptable==on the wall above the moulding and maybe on the rug if you have one. If it is glossy scuff sand a little. Should have painted the baseboards last

I am assuming this is a new paint job-moulding and walls and there is paint available for the moulding.Even if it is not[just the walls were painted] I would still probably paint the moulding. Just my opinion