Paint runs and blotches

Old 11-15-05, 08:56 PM
champ98
Visiting Guest
Paint runs and blotches

As stated in one of my earlier posts, we are currently painting all the rooms in our newly finished basement. The guy we hired to paint usually uses a spray gun to paint, but it wasn't working too well. So for the bedrooms we had him roll the paint on using a roller. First coat looks real blotchy and can see all the roller marks. I know he has to do at least one more coat, but the problem is that there are some drips and heavy blotches of paint where he didn't smooth the paint off and it has now dried that way. I was wondering if this would get covered in the second coat. Is there anyway I can have him fix this before the next coat or will it be OK once he starts doing the second coat? We are using Pittsburgh Paints Distinction interior paint in both burgundy and navy blue colors. On freshly primed sheetrock (white color), what can be considered a "normal" number of coats before the color evens out. We recently repainted some of our rooms upstairs (4 yrs old) with SWP using rollers and using 2 coats of paint and it turned out real good. So far downstairs, it doesn't look like it's going to turn out as good as the upstairs and that has me concerned. Thanks for all your help!

Old 11-16-05, 04:28 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
It's best to remove the drips
Scrape them off and feather sand to smooth them out if needed

Old 11-16-05, 08:50 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Deep colors often take 3 coats of paint.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: