Painting a walk-in closet

Old 12-31-05, 01:09 PM
plymakr88
Visiting Guest
Painting a walk-in closet

I just painted our bedroom a charcoal grey color with white borders and white ceiling. Now I have to paint the walk-in closet. Are walk-in closets usually painted a nuetral color like white or beige? Or is it common to color the walk-in closet the same as the bedroom itself? Thanks.

Old 12-31-05, 04:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Welcome to the forums

Closets are often painted the same as the room. Usually when the room is a dark color the closets are painted a lighter color. Personally since you have white trim I would paint the closet white. White may help the closet appear larger but the main thing is it will brighten it up. When given a choice I like to paint closets with satin enamel which will allow the next time it needs painting to be postponed some.

Old 01-01-06, 06:59 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Walk-ins are often room color, though low-light ones will often be white
Occasionally I'll run into huge ones that are a different color all together, like another room would be, but that's rare around here

Old 01-01-06, 10:11 AM
plymakr88
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'm going to mix a little white paint with the bedroom walls paint color and have a lighter tint of the bedroom walls color for the closet. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: