paint soffits in basement

Old 01-11-06, 10:31 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
paint soffits in basement

I'm in the process of painting my basement and not sure what to do with the soffits. One soffit runs along a wall, the other runs across the room in the middle of the ceiling. Shoud the sides of the soffit be painted the same color as the walls or same as the ceiling? The ceiling is basic ceiling white, the walls are beige (BM Squire Hill Buff to be exact.)

thx, Don

Old 01-11-06, 01:27 PM
J
It is up to you,but I would paint it the ceiling color. You could also paint the one against the wall the color of the wall,to make it sort of disappear, and the one across the room the color of the ceiling to make that sort of disappear. Paint is very temporary. It is easy for you[accent on you]to change if you don't like it.

Old 01-11-06, 01:41 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
I agree paint them with the ceiling, if you don't like it, it is easy to paint them wall color [and back if you change your mind]

Old 01-11-06, 01:45 PM
S
Usually it's ceiling color
But as mentioned, if you don't like it you can always paint it wall color later

Old 01-11-06, 07:59 PM
B
I think of a soffit as part of the ceiling, not part of the wall. Use the ceiling color.
Or - hang a border instead.

Old 01-12-06, 10:55 AM
one more opinion!

i vote for painting the one in the center all white (sides & underneath), but the one running along the wall i'd paint the side of it the wall color and the underside of it white. that way, when you're looking at it from across the room, that wall doesn't seem short, and when you're under it looking up, it looks like ceiling. i wouldn't hang a border on it unless you're doing a border all around the room. it's not something you want to accentuate & draw attention to.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: