Need advice about buying a latex paint sprayer...

Old 01-31-06, 07:34 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need advice about buying a latex paint sprayer...

Hi there,

I have one of Porter Cable's 6 gallon pancake air compressors and I would like some advice about possibly purchasing a relatively decent paint sprayer that would work with it for painting the interior of one of my houses. I purchased a texture hopper/gun to do the texturing which worked fine but I want to find a sprayer that can handle typical interior latex which will work with my compressor.

So many that I see at the big box stores seem to be directed for automotive painting or they have no specification on it at all and I'm afraid that I might get the wrong one altogether.

Any specific product recommendations for a tool that will do the job for me for under $100?

Thanks

Old 02-01-06, 04:50 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kmdguy
Any specific product recommendations for a tool that will do the job for me for under $100?
No
Interior latex is much better sprayed with an airless sprayer
(That's one of the reasons you are having a hard time finding a gun for this)
The decent airless' are over $500

Even though you technically can use a compressor, I would not recommend it, and the 6 gallon pancake is not up for an interior spray job anyway
It's too small

Consider renting an airless for the job
Should be about $50-$75 bucks a day

Do all your taping before renting it

If the house is furnished, I'd strongly recommend brush and roller

Old 02-01-06, 06:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Air powered cup guns will barely spray latex. The only house type paint they can spray adequately is oil base. As slick said an airless is the preferred type of sprayer for residential painting.

Although I have done a lot of spraying on new residential, I hardly ever spray interior repaints and never if the house is occupied.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: