Benjamin Moore Super Spec vs Regal

Old 03-19-06, 11:12 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Benjamin Moore Super Spec vs Regal

I've been getting some great info from this site, thanks to all for sharing their experience. I am planning on repainting some rooms in my house soon and am trying to choose paint. I've used Benjamin Moore Regal paints before, but I am wondering if it is worth it to try to save $$ and use the Super Spec or other BM line. I'll be buying flat and some semigloss for bathrooms and kitchen.
Thanks.

Old 03-20-06, 05:51 AM
S
I can't think of why the average DIYer would want to use Super Spec, and although all the BM lines are good for what they are, The General Rule still applies

The General Rule is that "Using less expensive materials directly and adversely affects the amount of labor involved in applying and getting a quality finish from said materials"

Although I spec about 90% Ben Moore for interiors, I really recommend the top lines even for commercial repaints for my customers
The savings in actual money, (adding the extra labor for the cheap stuff) is mostly in people's minds

Old 03-20-06, 05:55 AM
S
just a thought...

Example:
Take material cost out of the picture
You've got a 10 x 10 room you want me to paint

You are supplying the Regal
I'll give you price A

You are supplying Mooreguard
I'll give you price A+ 1/2 A (1.5 x A) = price B

By the time I'm done, both will look close to the same
The cheaper paint takes that much more effort

Old 09-21-06, 04:47 AM
Exclamation Regal vs Super Spec

They won't tell you this but I will. If you are buying custom colors, the bases are the same thing. Go with the SS and save a bundle.

Old 09-21-06, 07:13 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
Originally Posted by justthefactsmam
the bases are the same thing.

What????????
How to you come by that info?

I'm not overly familiar with BM products but have painted for many years. Many lines of paint may share the same base classification [base A,B,etc] but this does not mean that the paint is of the same quality. The cheaper lines of paint rarely ever perform as well as the better paints.

Old 09-21-06, 03:16 PM
S
Originally Posted by justthefactsmam
They won't tell you this but I will. If you are buying custom colors, the bases are the same thing. Go with the SS and save a bundle.
That information is incorrect

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: