tub shower one piece surround paint cracked

Old 05-18-06, 12:07 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tub shower one piece surround paint cracked

We bought a new tub shower surround one piece and when we brought it home, some of the paint cracked near the top of the surround and close to the middle. Is there any way to repair this?

Thanks L

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-06, 05:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 294 Votes on 261 Posts
Welcome to the forums

Fiberglass tub units have their own finish which is probably a little different than paint. If chip wasn't of your own doing, contact the supplier and see about them fixing it at their [or manufacture] expense.

If it was your fault you can either contact the manufacture or a fiberglass tub repairman about fixing the damage. With a little luck you might could purchase a kit and diy.

Old 05-20-06, 10:55 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Cracked paint

Thanks for the help. Having done a bit of research, I tried to get Joe to just buy a new one. (This one was cracked by us during transport but only cost us 175.00) I think doing it myself will be a bit of a challenge for me but I am willing to try it as it is considerably cheaper than buying a new one and there are no reliable pros within miles of here and they would charge an unbelievable amount to drive down here and do it. I can get a new tub and a new surround for about 800.00 delivered (keeping in mind the color scheme) or a new one piece unit for 900.00 to ? that we would have to go 100 miles to pickup. If I can do it fine, great, if not, maybe I can do a good enough job someone will want it for what we paid for it. Thanks again L