Duron versus Sherwin Williams - interior paint

Old 06-20-06, 04:29 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Duron versus Sherwin Williams - interior paint

Good evening -- my contractor said he would use "Sherwin Williams or equivalent paint" when painting my kitchen (new drywall). Now I see he's using Duron Builder's Masterpiece. Are these truly "equivalent?" How would you rate either? Thanks for any advice or comments!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-06, 06:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 300 Votes on 266 Posts
Welcome to the forums

I can"t adequaetetly rate duron paints, the only time I have used their products was as an employee of a company that used durons bottom line materials.

SWP or equivalent can cover a wide range of paint. I've used a lot of SWP and can highly recomend their top lines of paint BUT they also sell cheap paint that I prefer not to use and wouldn't recomend.

Any contract I have ever had specified the exact paint to be used [or didn't specify at all] There are times when I will use different brands because I know a specific product is a better value for the price - sometimes just a better product period.

Old 06-20-06, 07:35 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much. I really should have asked more specific questions of my contractor up front re: quality of paint he would use. Since this was part of a larger project, I paid less attention to the paint selection. A learning experience for me.....