Sherwin williams store

Old 07-09-06, 09:00 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sherwin williams store

Well this forum raves about how good sherwin williams customer service is so I decided to go. The salesmen was probley a kid on summer break who was not very informed as to what exterior paint would be best for me. I think I will try the hardware store that sells BM and see how it works out.

Old 07-10-06, 04:16 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,182 Upvotes on 1,140 Posts
Anybody can have a bad experience at any store, just like it is possible to get good advice from the paint department at a big box store, it's just that the odds are better at the paint store. I think the hardware store you mentioned sounds like a good idea - there's a hardware store near where I grew up that had the best service I had ever seen and there was always somebody working who could answer every question I asked. If that doesn't work out, I'd go back to sherwin williams and ask for somebody with a little more experience, like the manager.

Old 07-10-06, 04:20 AM
S
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
In my old town SWP was like that
It's one of the reasons I haven't used much over the years
When I relocated I found my new local SWP much more helpful and more friendly and supportive than my old one, and my new BM store left me cold
It's like they reversed compared to what I was used to
It happens....good thing there's both

Old 07-10-06, 02:35 PM
B
The SWP I use most often got a new clerk and I almost stopped going there. Tha last time i was there when she was working, she got such a constipated look on her face when the mgr gave me the tint I wanted and my discount.

Old 07-12-06, 05:06 AM
M
That's why I am now using BM paint. It could have just been a one time thing but I was pretty put off at how little the kids seemed to know. I wanted a certain color and the "gold" nozzel was clogged or broke or something but they said they could make it without the gold in it. I figured it wouldn't really be that color without the right formula. They didn't give direct answers to some of my questions either, I didn't have a lot of confidence.

Old 07-12-06, 05:46 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 722 Upvotes on 633 Posts
Originally Posted by margo
I wanted a certain color and the "gold" nozzel was clogged or broke or something but they said they could make it without the gold in it. I figured it wouldn't really be that color without the right formula.
It defenitetly wouldn't be the 'right' color without the specified mixture of tints. SWP [and probably everyonelse] has some colors that can't be broke down into quarts but they always inform you upfront.

In my area SWP has 4 stores, BM - 2, pittsburg - 1. SWP also has longer hours which both are big considerations when painting for a living. SWP does have its share of pt help but when you go to the paint stores on a daily basis you quickly learn which employees are competent and which are not.

There is almost always more than 1-2 good paints to chose from but having a store with good qualified help can be priceless.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: