How do I paint ceiling above the stairs? Canít keep ladder on the stairs

Old 08-26-06, 10:39 AM
How do I paint ceiling above the stairs? Canít keep ladder on the stairs

I need to paint the ceiling above the stairs. I canít use a ladder on the stairs. Also the stairs prevent an extension ladder being located on the floor since the handrails act as a obstruction. The slanted ceiling is 1o feet above the carpeted steps. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-06, 03:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Can you set an ext ladder on the steps facing the wall in front of it? Sometimes the use of a walkboard from the ext ladder to a lower rung of a step ladder [setting on landing] is benificial.

You can also buy a brush holder that clamps to the brush and screws into a roller pole. Most paint stores sell them. They aren't easy to use but can be priceless in certain situations.

Old 08-26-06, 03:49 PM
I need to caluk too.

Could you please explain how to use a walk board with an extension ladder that you described above? I can use an extension ladder, but not sure how i can keep it on two steps that are not level

Thanks for your help

Old 08-26-06, 04:30 PM
go to a hardware store and buy a ladder legs that you can level the ladder to uneven surfaces. will solve the problem i'm sure

Old 08-26-06, 04:39 PM
I use a ladder pivot tool
They are found in paint shops
That in combination with the brush holder marksr mentioned usually gets me anywhere I need to

Old 08-27-06, 05:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
i was reffering to setting the ladder on 1 step. To set it on more than 1 step [at a time] you either need to build up the steps level or add an extension to the base of the ladder as previously mentioned by slickshift and yongemen.

To set up a walkboard between 2 ladders you slide the walkboard over the rungs. Care must be used to make sure the board is resting safely on both ladders.

Old 08-27-06, 07:40 AM
nap
there are ladders out there that accomodate stairs very well.

Little Giant is one brand name but there are others as well. They allow you to extend on side of the ladder so that the ladder is in a normal climbing position.

Works like a dream.

Old 08-27-06, 08:14 AM
Thank you all. I rented scaffolding and did the work