Textured Ceilings

Old 09-17-06, 06:15 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Textured Ceilings

Hi,

I've used the Behr Textured paint on my ceiling, but it is a little spotty in areas. I thought it would be fine once painted, and would add to final look. But my after-the-fact commenting dad added that i need to have a solid coat of texture, that i would have to go over the with another coat of the texture paint, other wise when i painted with the final color, the moisture would get under the texture and it would all just go horribly down hill from there.

Can some one tell me if I need to add a second coat of texture paint, or will a coat of primer be ok for sealing it all together?

Thanks,
Sonia

Old 09-20-06, 09:39 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 720 Likes on 631 Posts
Welcome to the forums Sonia

I'm not familiar with the behr texture paint but texture doesn't have to be solid and can be painted over. Uneven texture won't affect the paint but might affect the look. The paint will will seal the wall/ceiling.

Depending on color and paint used, you shouldn't need to prime the texture paint - you should be able to paint right over it.

Old 09-20-06, 06:39 PM
S
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not familiar with that specific product from that manufacturer either, but marksr's right
It should be OK to paint right over it with your color

Though I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest using a different brand of paint for the color
There will be a better chance of success, looking better finished, and having an easier time of it with less coats if you get some quality paint from a paint store rather then a paint dept.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: