how to paint a two story high wall

Old 10-03-06, 09:36 AM
U
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to paint a two story high wall

Just bought a new house :-), the living room is a open to below room, which mean the ceiling is two storey high. Then I wonder how do I paint the wall? can I still using roller to do it? or I need EXTRA long ladder for it? Also, I also want to repaint the wall beside my stair and the wall is high, I can not use ladder on my stair, right? I know roller can do the job, but I don't want to paint the ceiling by accident. Do you guys have any idea?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 10-03-06, 01:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 703 Likes on 619 Posts
Welcome to the forums Dan

You seldom want to roll off of a ladder - use an extension pole instead, but you will need a ladder to do your cut in [brush work] I assume you will need an extension ladder to reach the top of the ceiling. You may need someone to secure the bottom of the ladder ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE HARDWOOD FLOORS!!! You could also use scaffolding but generally more time is spent putting it up/tearing it down than painting off of it.

Without seeing the layout it is hard to say about the stair well. Often you can set the ladder on a step and extend it to the wall above the bottom of the stairs. Occasionally it will be neccesary to use a walk board from the ext ladder to a step ladder at the top. Paint stores sell a brush holder that screws onto a roller pole giving you added reach. They do take a little getting used to.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: