Barn and fence paint

Old 10-17-06, 12:00 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Barn and fence paint

Whats the difference in regular exterior paint and the barn and fence paint? Im looking to paint a wood fence. thanks

Old 10-17-06, 06:45 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 359 Votes on 316 Posts
There is probably a bigger difference between brands of paint than there is between 'barn & fence' and regular exterior paint.
I've seen barn & fence paint for sell at feed stores and always assumed [because of price] that it was just a cheaper brand of paint.

Since I've not used any of that paint I can't say for sure. It would be nice to hear from someone who has.

Old 10-17-06, 07:10 PM
L
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I think there is a lot of difference but I am pretty sure it would boil down to texture but stand to be corrected.

Last edited by twelvepole; 10-17-06 at 07:23 PM. Reason: No Advertising in Signatures is Allowed. Signature with website link removed.
Old 10-18-06, 08:42 AM
G
Price may be an issue. It probably is also a marketing device. I would venture to guess that on the front of the label that it denotes "No Primer Needed on Bare Wood". Then somewhere buried in application instructions is the fact that "For best results we reccommend a high quility primer".

What we need to know is, what kind of fence are you painting. What is on the fence now(stain, paint, some sort of green/brown mold...etc). What are your ideas for surface prep.

And lastly, what are you painting the fence for. Are you moving and just want to freshen it up, or do you want it to last 10+ years?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: